- Discuss the big picture of your kitchen garden project or vision.
- Consider the curriculum, social and sustainability outcome priorities of your project and identify barriers to be addressed.
- I'll provide an outline of where I can support you to achieve outcomes within budget and time frame.
- Invite other team members to this conversation.
- Visit your school, assess existing resources.
- Meet with key stakeholders (staff/P&C/volunteers).
- Map priorities, identify barriers, blue-sky visioning.
- Create a schedule of achievable tasks (short and long term) and estimated expenses.
- Includes the half day package plus...
- 90 minute workshop of your choice OR
- I will participate in a kitchen or garden class.
Onsite workshops for staff & volunteers
- Social Enterprise
- Volunteer Building
- Curriculum Linking
- Cooking and gardening (school supplies materials)
- Basic running a class, facilities design
- 90 minute workshop for up to 15 people plus travel outside of the greater Sunshine Coast region. Workshops can be run twice through the course of the day so more staff members have the chance to attend.
Phone or Skype consultations
- This can be a quick Q & A following from School visits.
- Longer if a personal visit is not practical or cost-efficient.
- $85.00 per hour
- .63c per kilometre outside Sunshine Coast
- Full day and half day packages are negotiable.
I can help you with
garden design : soil nutrition : plant choice : pest management : plant nutrition : successive planting : recipe planning : short and long term planning
"I’ve had many opportunities over the past four years to attend professional development days facilitated by Robyn through the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation. I love the hands-on activities which helped me to plan classes and develop micro-business ideas to make our kitchen garden financially sustainable. Robyn was always thinking of the children and how to make it work in a real school setting."
Kitchen Garden Teacher
Burleigh Heads State School